General University Requirements:
Minimum requirement Degree holder with CPA of 3.00/4.00 in the related field or equivalent from recognised university based on entrance requirement from Evaluation Guidelines Admission 1998 Pind.1/2013.
(a) Bachelor of Science/Engineering in the field of Engineering and Technology in the discipline of Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Computer or equivalent with Honor that is approved by UTM senate.
(b) Lower first degree qualification with recognised working experience for two years in the related field.
English Language Requirement (for international student):
All international students applying to UTM must have a valid two-year old TOEFL or IELTS certificate. Students with a TOEFL score of 550 (or 79 IBT) or an IELTS Band 6 will be enrolled in a faculty programme without undergoing UTM English Courses.
*Starting from Semester II/2010/2011, students who applied for Master or PhD programme – Teaching English as a Second Language, must have a valid two-year certificate of TOEFL with a score of 600 and above or IELTS Band 7 and above (or IBT/CBT equivalent).
Requirements for systems engineering arising from the existence of a more complex project or system in which an interdisciplinary approach is required, especially between manufacturing engineering and electrical engineering for the realization of a successful system. This program focuses on the needs of manufacturing industries where knowledge in the interdisciplinary fields is needed. In order to achieve that, the program offers five sub-disciplines which are power systems, industrial systems, intelligence systems, communication systems and electronic systems. The core courses are focusing to systems engineering, management, analysis and optimization of systems, data analysis, software and entrepreneurial skills. The program provides graduates who understand the needs of consumers, functional requirements on the development stage, documentation requirements, and next, the design synthesis and system validation. Students of this program will be exposed to a variety of specialized courses in order to provide students with the knowledge and skills to improve their skills in their careers. In addition, they also have the opportunity to continue their education to a higher level.
- Manage and develop an organization to be more competitive in regional and global market using the knowledge of systems engineering and other related field.
- Lead and communicate effectively with peers of diverse background from within and outside organization.
- Uphold professional ethics in carrying out responsibilities, sensitive towards society and environment, and able to adapt to global changes.
- Improve their knowledge and skills via lifelong learning.
- Integrate and generate knowledge in professional practices
- Apply Problem-solving and Critical Thinking Skills
- Use Effective Communication and Demonstrate Leadership
- Apply Professional Ethics and Demonstrate Social Responsibility
- Demonstrate Life-long Learning and Information Management Skills
- Demonstrate Entrepreneurial Skills