Admission Requirements (Local & International)
- A relevant bachelor degree with honours with a CGPA of 2.75 and above from USIM;
- A relevant bachelor degree with honours recognised by the Senate with achievements as follows:
(a) Jayyid, or
(b) CGPA of 2.75/4.00 and above, or
(c) CGPA of 3.50/5.00 and above, or
(d) overall marks of 60% and above;
- A relevant bachelor degree from USIM or any other institutions of higher learning recognised by the Senate with the following grades AND at least five (5) years of relevant work experience after the degree:
(a) Makbul, or
(b) CGPA less than 2.75/4.00 but more than 2.50/4.00, or
(c) CGPA less than 3.50/5.00 but more than 3.00/5.00, or
(d) overall marks less than 60% but more than 50%;
- Other qualifications equivalent to a bachelor degree with honours AND relevant professional work experience;
- A relevant advanced diploma with CGPA 2.75/4.00 and above from institutions of higher learning recognised by the Senate AND with at least five (5) years of relevant work experience;
- A relevant advanced diploma with CGPA 2.50/4.00 and above from institutions of higher learning recognised by the Senate AND with at least ten (10) years of relevant work experience.
ENGLISH PLACEMENT TEST
Applicants are COMPULSORY to obtain a score of at least 510 in TOEFL (paper based) or 180 in TOEFL (computer based) or 64 in TOEFL (internet based) or Band 5 in IELTS or Band 3 in MUET as summarize in the following:
Degree from Local Higher Institutions
- UEPT - 3
- MUET - 3
- IELTS - 5.0
- PBT (Paper Based Test) - 510
- CPT (Computer Based Test) - 180
- IBT (Internet Based Test) - 64
Applicants who do not meet one of the above requirements are required to take an English Placement Test and must have at least Band 3 before registration.
Applicants are required to take an Arabic language course as a prerequisite of a postgraduate programme at USIM. The course, however, is not counted as part of the student's academic grade.
Applicants can be exempted from the Arabic language course if they can prove satisfactory Arabic language proficiency or submit proof of language proficiency together with the application form.