A. Job Purpose
- Administer the server, storage & desktop operation and maintenance to support the smooth running of PSMB's daily operations and in accordance with IT policies and procedures.
- Administer and maintain the server, storage & desktop operation and maintenance tools that perform functions relative to IT Operation and Maintenance to support PSMB's business requirement.
- Generate server and desktop operation and maintenance statistics and reporting based on PSMB's business requirement.
- Assist the IT Operation and Maintenance strategy and ensure its effective implementation to meet the PSMB's strategic goals in line with the latest technology.
B. Key Accountabilities
- Administer the implementation of the server, storage and desktop operation and maintenance in PSMB to support PSMB's daily operations in effective, efficient and uninterrupted manner.
- Enforce and manage the server and desktop operation maintenance policies and procedures for electronic data processing and computer systems operations and development to ensure data integrity and minimal downtime.
- Manage the implementation of continuous IT Operation and Maintenance to deliver seamless IT experience to internal and external users.
- Manage overall technical support on server and storage management, data network, LAN & WAN, desktop, remote access, main computer devices like printer and etc.
- Assist in monitor the procurement and vendor service delivery to ensure quality and cost-effectiveness of the ICT hardware, software, and services.
- Assist in providing a work environment that is motivating; identify high potential employees for succession planning and recommend development needs as required;
- Monitor routine daily and schedule maintenance of servers and desktop operation and maintenance of the IT infrastructure and generate a statistical report based on PSMB's business requirement.
- Liaise with IT infrastructure vendors to resolve system operation issues, errors, perform upgrade and implementation on the IT infrastructure.
- Educate internal user on the new and current IT operation and maintenance knowledge and awareness.
- Assist in the management and monitoring multiple IT projects management to ensure alignment of business requirement and secure IT systems implementations which meet the end users' needs.
- Assist in the collaboration activity with the internal and external customer to select appropriate design solutions system component and technology.
- Undertake other such reasonable duties as required by the Management.
C. Qualifications, Skills, and Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related disciplines.
- 4-5 years of working experience with extensive exposure in Server, Storage and Desktop Administration and Maintenance.
- Experience and knowledgeable on system and application security, concepts and technologies, Disaster Recovery implementation and maintenance.
- Knowledge and hands-on of client-server computing and desktop environment, virtual server environment (VMWare & LPAR IBM), IBM AIX, Windows Server 2008 and above, LINUX platform.
- Knowledge of SMS Gateway, Enterprise server and client management, Enterprise Backup tools, networking and Internet concepts, IBM Security Manager, Fax Solution, Active Directory, Exchange Server & Client, LDAP, IBM Web Seal, IBM Tivoli, IBM Quicker, Enterprise Anti-Virus and Time Management System.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience on HP, Dell and IBM Storage.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in production, development, testing and training environment.
- Knowledge and experience in the IT Audit, forensic and investigation.
- Problem-solving, critical thinking, operation analysis and monitoring skills.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar.
D. Key Challenges of the Job
- Providing effective and efficient technological platform for complex vendor and customer management.
- To be well-equipped with the latest technology especially in the area of IT infrastructure and mobility as the rapid technology changes and requirements of the users and management.
- Ensure seamless operational transition in software and hardware upgrade/maintenance.