The role sits within our Decision Analytics business, one of our four Global Business Lines. Experian Decision Analytics helps client achieve and sustain significant growth. We do this by enabling clients to make analytics-based customer decisions that support their strategic goals. As experts in uniting business understanding with consumer and business information, analytics and strategy execution, we empower clients to optimise customer value and actively manage it over time. This role therefore has clear accountability for creating measurable value within our client organisations.
- Interaction with the Product management function to build functional requirement.
- Driving the creation of technical requirements.
- Working with an architecture team to design the components of the product suite.
- Provide input to project plan regarding own areas of responsibilities.
- Responsible for implementing accurate and reliable code in time according to specification to deliver needed functionality.
- Responsible for designing and implementing unit tests to validate functionality implemented correctly.
- Help build and maintain systems and processes required for software engineering
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Strong programming, troubleshooting, analytical & problem solving skills.
- Understand and familiar with SOA.
- Understand and familiar with good Java software engineering processes and methods e.g.:
- Design Patterns
- Agile methodologies
- Familiar with three or more Open Source tools / Frameworks, including but not limited to: Ajax, Spring, JSF, Ant,
- Subversion, Maven, CruiseControl, Hibernate/JPA,Junit, FIT / Fitnesse, JMS, SOAP, Axis.
- Understand emerging Java Technologies.
- Very good process understanding of software development
- Strong communication skills
- Good management abilities
- Good organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience of working in cross functional teams
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast moving and challenging environment.
- Java Engineering & Design
- Shows architecture decision making skills
- Understanding of Design Patterns
- Use of refactoring
- Automated unit testing (JUnit)
- Minimum 2 years of related experience is required