Sime Darby is a Malaysia-based diversified multinational involved in key growth sectors, namely plantations, property, motors, industrial equipment, energy & utilities and healthcare. Founded in 1910, its business divisions seek to create positive benefits in the economy, environment and society where it has presence.
It is one of the largest companies on Bursa Malaysia with a market capitalization as at 31 January 2012 of RM54.9 billion.
As the employer of choice for over 100,000 employees in over 20 countries, we are committed to nurturingand growing our talent locally and internationally as we believe they are our true business differentiator.
Our talent management strategy is quite simple: to attract, motivate, develop and engage talent towards becoming outstanding professionals and well rounded international executives. We focus our efforts on ensuring our policies and programmes support this strategy. From the traditional learning and development programmes that are structured, developed and conducted by our Business School to innovative practices like individual and team based action learning programmes, e-learning as well as local and international rotational assignments. We aim to be the catalyst for our employees to realise their true potential.
We are looking for fresh graduates who aspire for a rewarding career, are passionate in their field of study and believe in constant change, learning and development. We look to you in helping us to build a sustainable future.
Our Core Businesses
• Plantation Sime Darby Plantation is the world’s largest listed palm oil producer/ originator, accounting for 6% of total global annual crude palm oil (CPO) output. It has more than 600,000 hectares of planted areas in Malaysia and Indonesia, as well as a 63-year concession to develop 220,000 hectares of land into oil palm and rubber estates in Liberia. The division is involved in the full spectrum of the palm oil value chain from Plantation Management (Upstream and Downstream), Research & Development (R&D) to Agribusiness and Foods.
• Property Sime Darby Property, one of the leading property developers in Malaysia as well as the country’s
largest in terms of landbank, has built more than 90,000 homes over the past 40 years. It is an integrated developer focused on Property Development, with complementary operations in Property Investment, Hospitality & Leisure and Asset Management. The property division has international ventures in five
countries - Singapore, Vietnam, China, Australia and the United Kingdom - and has received numerous local and international accolades in various categories.
• Industrial Sime Darby Industrial is the leading distributor of premium heavy equipment in Malaysia with primary markets in forestry, construction and power system sectors. It is the fifth largest Caterpillar dealer in the world and operates the largest Caterpillar dealership network in the Asia-Pacific region. The division has over 100 branches in more than 20 countries, and its heavy equipment business extends across Australia, Brunei, China, Christmas Island, Hong Kong, Malaysia, the Maldives, New Caledonia, Papua New Guinea, Singapore and Solomon Islands.
• Motors Sime Darby Motors is a major player in the automotive industry in Malaysia, Singapore, China, Australia and New Zealand. Its business activities, which vary from country to country, include importation, assembly, distribution and the retail of vehicles. The division represents brands and marques ranging from BMW, Mini, Rolls-Royce, Porsche, Jaguar and Lamborghini to Hyundai, Land Rover, Alfa Romeo, Ford, Peugeot, Mitsubishi, Ssang Yong and Chevrolet. It is one of the largest BMW dealers in the world.
• Energy & Utilities Sime Darby Energy & Utilities specialises in a number of core businesses, namely engineering services, water management, ports and logistics and power. The division has a vast international presence covering Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and China with a professional workforce of over 1,500 people.
• Healthcare Sime Darby Healthcare is the coming together of three strong brands within the healthcare sector in Malaysia. It comprises three medical centres (Sime Darby Medical Centre Subang Jaya, Sime Darby Specialist Centre Megah and Sime Darby Medical Centre Ara Damansara) as well as a nursing and health science college, Sime Darby College of Nursing and Health Sciences.