Senior Technical Support Technician
At Dell Technologies, world-class service doesn’t end when a customer purchases our innovative products. Our Technical Support team is there for them whenever they need help – by phone or email, online and on social media. No matter how complex the challenge, we rise to it. We answer questions about the installation, operation, configuration, customization and use of Dell Technologies products. For critical matters, we use our systems to provide remote diagnostic technical support. If there’s an issue with a customer’s product, we’ll analyze it, identify the cause, recommend a solution and document the problem.
Join us as a Senior Technician on our Technical Support team in [Bayan Lepas, Penang] to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
As part of our Technical Support team you will work with highly skilled technical advisors to develop and deliver solutions that enable customers to maximize returns on IT investments, drive efficiencies and reduce costs.
We pride ourselves in going out of our way to give our customers the help they need. Our Enterprise Technical Support team specializes in our most highly technical and sophisticated products – from IT hardware and software to servers, networking, storage and the cloud. Issues can span installation, operation, configuration, customization, performance and usage. Fully trained on the latest upgrades or new products, the team member is expected to diagnose the problem and recommend the right solution remotely – through telephone, e-mail, chat or online.
- Responds to incoming contacts which are SLA bound, related to Dell enterprise hardware, peripherals, applications, networking and its associate products.
- Assists customers by diagnosing problems and providing resolutions for technical and service issues.
- Uses troubleshooting techniques and tools to identify products that are defective and follow guidelines in dispatching services/parts
- Assumes complete ownership of customer issue until resolved involving multiple inbound and outbound communications; owns the issue and engages/collaborates with multiple resources.
- Documents problems, diagnostics, interactions, next steps, and solutions implementation in a CRM tool
- Provides timely response to customer escalations with appropriate notification to all required EEC staff (RMs, TSMs, SMTs, SPSPEs, SPEs, Tech Leads, Team Managers)
- Performs required case management functions as related to assigned TSAM including the written summaries of outcome((RCA/PIR)).
- Maintains proficiency of Dell's Enterprise product line and service offerings along with current industry products and technologies.
- Focuses on delivering a best in class customer experience according to Dell standards.
- Participates in and contributes to initiatives that improve overall product/report quality.
- Proactively contributes to increasing team efficiency by sharing knowledge, providing feedback about best practices, writing tools / utilities.
- Complies with work schedule adherence to ensure overall service level agreements are achieved.
**Essential Requirements: **
- Ability to demonstrate sense of urgency regarding customer reported issues.
- Excellent telephone and customer handling skills.
- Excellent analytical and logical thinking skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to deal professionally with demanding customers.
- Ability to learn processes & procedures, new products and technologies.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with proven experience interacting with a range of personalities and styles, to establish effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work shift(s) on a rotating schedule that includes evenings, weekends, holidays.
- As a 24x7x365 organization, ability to work shifts on a rotating schedule that includes holidays and weekends is a must.
- Applicants must be willing to work in Bayan Lepas, Penang.
Degree in Computer Sciences / Information Technology related discipline or equivalent prior work experience in a related field.
Possesses understanding and technical ability for Servers/Storage/Networking.
Fresh Graduates are strongly encouraged to apply