Identify, propose, manage innovation and breakthrough research on new products and process focusing on the following four (4) aspects:
- Customer Acceptance
- Commercial Feasibility
- Regulatory and Market Compliance
- Cost Compliance (if required)
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify, propose and manage industry leading innovation and breakthrough research both internally and externally with reputed research bodies and universities with proven track records.
- Plan and conduct research, propose experiments and analyse data to test hypotheses to enhance understanding of products and processes and to provide inventive solutions toward new development efforts.
- Apply sophisticated scientific or engineering understanding to research or development problems, ideas or projects.
- Create and protect intellectual property for the company. Work with legal advisors / authorities in IP investigation and generating activities.
- Incorporate the developed technology into the process and/or product and work with R&D Managers in scaling up and commercialisation.
- Collaborate effectively with R&D team and function in supply chain throughout product development cycle.
- Keep abreast and continue to assess new technology potential by attending conferences & seminars, reviewing research publications, technical literature, patents, market research papers and suppliers.
- Establish and maintain exceptional working relationships with external industry stakeholders, research bodies, academic and professional institutions and suppliers.
- Communicate research results to stakeholders through reports and presentations.