The role would offer a mixture of streamlining existing tasks and assisting with stabilizing and migrating new tasks into the KL SSC. As a result, there will be regular changes in the composition of your responsibilities. Your tasks will include but are not limited account payable. There are open opportunities for various accounting exposure.
What you’ll be doing:
- Primary focus will be on executing bank verification phone calls for vendors who are changing bank details or customers that are due to be paid a refund
- Audit employee expense claims to ensure they follow the company`s travel policy
- Review and respond to travel expense payment queries received from employees
- Participate in Oracle User Acceptance Testing for any enhancement or customization in the system.
- Continuous process improvements to improve the current process and active participant in our Empower Workshop.
- Support on future Payables task migration to KL GFS
More about you:
- Excellent phone manner is a must, able to converse with people who have English as first or second language
- Candidate must possess at least a Degree in Finance/Accountancy/Banking or equivalent
- Preferably recent graduates with CGPA of 3.0 and above
- A team player, providing assistance when required to others and working together to achieve common goals.
- Ability to deal with a high volume of work in a transaction orientated environment.
- Able to set priorities and manage own time to meet deadlines and objectives within GFS team.
- Strong awareness of the various risks and types of fraud that companies are facing
- Good command of English with excellent communication skills
- Initiative to go above and beyond the required task
- Ability build solid working relationships
Why this role is critical:
With fraud cases on the rise, now more than ever it`s critical for Experian to ensure that the data we keep in our records is accurate and protected. As part of the Accounts Payables Internal Controls team, you will be on the front line ensuring that our records stay accurate and that fraud attempts are stopped in their tracks to prevent financial and reputational losses.