Now hiring: UNIQLO Manager Candidate (similar to a Management Trainee Program)
Submit your job application here: bit.ly/2ZIYnj3
Why Join As UMC?
- As a high-performing Store Manager, you will become a key player in UNIQLO’s global expansion and aim to become the Number One apparel brand in the world. You will be given the unique opportunity to gain knowledge and experience required to run a successful store business. Opportunities are limitless as past UMCs were given opportunities to be involved in the opening of new stores and taking on global leadership roles.
- You will work closely and build strong relationships with our headquarters or “Store Support Centre” where your feedback will be important for local marketing, merchandising, HR and e-commerce activities
- Apart from On-The-Job training provided by our high caliber Store Managers, your training needs are also taken care of by our Training department, with regular classroom training to develop and expand your knowledge and leadership skills.
As a UMC, your first six months will see you working as a retail associate, mastering the basic: -
- Understand the core basic principles and tasks of UNIQLO’s mission and vision in store operations.
- Learn how to deliver excellent customer service, gain product knowledge and understand how to create plans to optimize sales.
- Gradually take on managerial tasks including setting staff schedules, training other new joiners on UNIQLO’s standards, taking ownership of a division within the store and providing instructions for shop-floor management.
The final six months will see you advancing as an Assistant Store Manager: -
i. Simulate the role of a Store Manager as you are placed as a day manager, eventually progressing into a weekly and then monthly manager of your own ‘department’.
ii. Make decisions on how to improve store performance by understanding the condition of the store based on profit and loss and company-wide plans.
iii. As part of Team leadership and development, seek to influence team members by sharing best Company practices to align team members towards achieving shared goals.
iv. Learn how to strategise for mid and long-term plan which includes developing store targets, creating work schedules and staffing plans to support team organization.
Who are we looking for?
Becoming a UNIQLO’s Store Manager in one year is an ambitious goal and you have the continued support of leaders, trainers and team members – however, your progression will ultimately be based on your performance and merit. The ideal candidate needs to have an entrepreneurship mindset, enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with a passion to learn about the retail business through a hands-on approach. Some of the key qualities are:
- Ambitious & Goal-Oriented – Self-driven with a clear sense of mission and takes full ownership to accomplish goals and targets. Works well under pressure to solve a problem and deliver results.
- Flexibility & Resilience – Embracing innovation and challenges is part of our corporate values. Those who are receptive and adaptable to constant change will thrive under the excitement of always wanting to improve for the better.
- Good Interpersonal skills & excellent Team Player – A future store manager needs to be able to build the trust of team members through communication and mutual respect; to create an environment where everyone can collaborate effectively towards achieving company objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree from any fields of study
- Minimum CGPA of 2.8 or a Second-Class Upper equivalent
- Maximum 2 years of working experience
- Flexible to be relocated across Malaysia based on business needs
- Able to work on shift duty (including weekends and public holidays)
- Required Language: English and Bahasa Malaysia