FNZ Solutions Consulting is a dedicated & focused division within FNZ’s Delivery team, which provides Platform Consulting services to new and existing customers.
As a Solution Consultant within this team, this role provides expertise in the following areas:
- Providing up to date knowledge, awareness of current trends and future direction of the local asset management industry;
- Presenting & explaining existing FNZ capability;
- Defining, challenging & controlling scope of a project;
- Capturing & documenting customer business outcomes to create requirements, solution designs and agreeing of Joint Target Operating Models;
- Platform integration design;
- Business transformation support and consultancy services;
- Regulation and advice on platform compliance;
- Customer training programmes and knowledge transfer;
- Platform configuration and delivering the MWS process.
- Analyst & Developer handovers and support;
- Functional Reviews & TDD walkthroughs;
- Defect verification;
On top of the above the Senior Solution Consultant role also performs and assists with:
- Propositional Leadership and driving product re-use across FNZ clients
- Training and mentoring for other solution consultants
- Ownership of platform solutions and ensuring they work end to end
- Define and rollout of new processes
- Strategic Roadmap production and maintenance
- Scope Prioritisation
- Backlog Set Up and Maintenance
- Scope Prioritisation
- Recruitment of new talent
- Supporting Project Managers in managing clients throughout the delivery cycle
- Supporting estimations and scheduling of build items
- Motivating and driving best outcomes from others on their project
- Supporting sales team
Specific Role Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and support for the FNZ Solution Consulting team, building capability and providing support for more junior members of the team. Instil a spirit of continuous improvement in the team.
- Work with FNZ customers to help define proposition and product requirements. Provide Market expertise as required. Be an SME in FNZ platform functionality and apply this understanding to help customers define propositions that best utilise or enhance FNZ core platform capabilities.
- Have a full understanding of a Platform Target Operating Model, including the interfaces between platform and customers operations and FNZ Investment operations. Provide advice to customers regarding best practice operating model design.
- Be an expert in the Model Wealth Solution, and run the MWS Configuration process for new platform implementations, capturing all customer configuration points in service configuration documents.
- Be a propositional leader, take ownership of FNZ client propositions and help guide them effectively to deliver platform change which is market leading
- Have a delivery focused view to scope definition, be able to break scope items down into core and nice to have functional elements so these can be delivered over multiple releases if required.
- Document any bespoke customer requirements and translate these into platform solutions
- Take ownership for delivering platform change to FNZ clients, lead within the delivery team to ensure we deliver on-time and to quality.
- Provide review and quality assurance of design documentation produced for new platform solutions, ensuring the function end to end and incorporate re-use of existing functionality where possible.
- Provide training programmes and knowledge transfer services for FNZ customers.
- Provide consultancy services, as required, to other FNZ clients and projects.
- Have a good knowledge of the regulatory environment in which the Solution Consultant operates and provide advice and guidance to customers in respect of delivering a compliant platform.
- Be an SME in the platform market in which FNZ operate and provide training and support for other areas of the FNZ business.
Preferred Industry Knowledge
- Leadership experience in a consulting, analysis or architecture environment.
- General investment/wealth/life and/or pensions products and the markets in which FNZ and our customers operate.
- FNZ Platform expertise, including being an SME in at least 6 functional areas of the platform.
- An understanding of the regulatory environment FNZ operate in and a good working knowledge of the reg change requirements for a given year.
- 6+ years of experience in a delivery/consulting environment in the financial services/wealth market.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- 1st class degree or equivalent experience
- Experience working within a business analysis / consulting role.
- Be able to evidence establishing an environment of continuous improvement and capability development.
- Confident, and able to take initiative given client– and delivery-focused environment.
- Independent, self-directing and delivery focused working style.
- Superior analytical thinking.
- Commercially aware.
- Intermediate computer skills essential.
- Excellent organisational, administration and time management skills.
- Good team communication skills, confident in dealing with internal and external clients.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills.