Duties & Responsibilities
Key Accounts Management
- To develop and implement Account Plans (“AP”) on key accounts.
- To ensure key accounts relationships are nurtured and opportunities identified and acted on by Key Account Team (“KAT”) members to achieve relevant targets such as increased product holdings, assets, deposits and income growth.
- To coordinate AP activities among KAT members (for example client understanding / scoping meetings, pitching, KAT meetings) to upsell and cross-sell banks products & services
- To ensure AP initiatives are properly tracked by recording results, compiling relevant data and preparing AP reports for comparison and ease of action/tracking
- To assist Corporate Banking Relationship Manager (“CBRM”) in operational matters such as drafting review attachments (financial spread, checklists etc and coordinating account opening for those key accounts relationship.
- To ensure compliance with the bank’s guidelines/policy/procedures.
- Provide guidance and briefing to Relationship Managers and KAT members on the implementation of the AP.
- Coordinate / facilitate meetings with customers and KAT members and internal discussions among KAT members in formulating the AP for each account.
- Help the KAT members in planning and implement pitching, marketing campaigns and activities to act on opportunities to upsell/cross-sell identified to corporate customers, like packaged financing, wealth management, bancatakaful and other related fee-based income services;
- Gather and analyze data and prepare reports to help CBRM, KAT members, Head Corporate Banking and management in their decisions and performance tracking;
- Be actively involved in cross-product sales (term financing, Bank Islam Card & deposit/remittances) activities to ensure optimal customer reach;
- Proactively manage and build customer relationships and provide good after-sales service;
- To acquire and market the Bank’s product for either new or existing customers within the target market.
- To originate new financing proposals from Public Listed Companies, Government-linked Companies, Private Companies and other related companies.
- To monitor customers’ account conduct, business activities or and to be alert on adversity and/or variation in the customers’ risk profile by highlighting to the Management with recommendations on appropriate action to be taken.
- Preparation of “Credit Proposal” for new / review of the customers’ facility and recommend the course of action to be taken and to get approval from respective Financing Committee.
- Preparation of Letter of Offer and follow-up on the acceptance.
- To assist the ‘documentation, disbursement and/or activation’ process with the Sales Support Team and Credit Admin.
- To ensure that all proposals or leads initiated by Business Generators, internal and/or external sources are properly evaluated.
- To ensure that the prospects are within the accepted risk appetite in an effort to secure quality customers
- To ensure that all accounts under the portfolio are reviewed on time and the status of the business is properly updated.
- Managed relationships with existing customers.
- To assist that all terms duly complied including all other pre-disbursement conditions prior to utilization of the facility by customers.
To escalate any fraud attempt detected during the processing of the application form and its supporting document.
Ensure that documents submitted from key account customers are properly sighted and verified against the original.
Ensure compliance to the regulatory requirement Bank Negara Malaysia, Security Commission, Bank’s policies, guidelines, procedures and related memos on soliciting sales.
Ensure adherence and compliance to all internal policies/guidelines and external regulatory requirements.
Any other duties/assignments as and when directed/assigned by the superior from time to time / as per business requirements from time to time.
- Degree in any related discipline or equivalent experience.
- More than 3 years of relevant experience especially in key accounts management would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge in Key Accounts Management
- Well versed in data massaging/management, MS Office especially MS Excel
- High inclination towards a sales-driven culture.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal with good business acumen and customer service skills.
- Be an assertive and innovative team player, ability to lead, independent, resourceful and result-oriented.
- Experience of working in a fast-moving business environment
- Ability to network across a variety of functions at various levels and countries.