Our vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all.
Join an inclusive team passionate about one thing: using their expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we build help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can fuel the very innovation we are pursuing. JR20144 NVEG Product Engineer
The general responsibilities of the position are the following:
NAND Probe/ Back End Testing
- Improve Probe testing coverage, quality and on NAND products
- Own the probe test flow, review and sign off probe test program release to ensure quality control
- Utilize state-of-art in house engineering equipment to support product characterization and electrical failure analysis
- Develop creative testing algorithms to improve testing efficiency
New Generation Product Development
- Responsible for new product startup and yield improvement
- Support design verification and in-depth circuit of new products using CAD tools and Verilog simulations
- Work with the wafer fab process/integration group to address process-related defects affecting product yield
- Identify design marginalities and recommend design fix for circuit-related problems
Functional and Design Validation
- Design novel test algorithms and develop test programs for validating NAND features and commands
- Use high-speed tester hardware to perform validation of new NAND devices
- Analysis of failures generated from the evaluations
- Automation of program development and work processes using scripting
Product Yield Enhancement
- Identify causes of low yield through systematic analysis
- Work closely with various engineering groups in resolving process/defects related issues
- Perform electrical/physical failure analysis to understand the failure mechanism relating to defects / fab process
- Utilize statistical tools for detailed data analysis on product to drive yield improvement projects
Managed NAND (MNAND) Products
- Develop high quality and cost-efficient MNAND test strategies
- Understand 3D NAND defect mechanisms and MNAND system error recovery features
- Collaborate with test engineering teams to define and secure necessary test fixtures for memory and system testing
- Conduct electrical failure analysis of the MNAND products through different phases of the product life cycling such as qualification, high volume manufacturing and customer returns.
- Extensive usage of data parsing and data analysis for improving yields, test times and quality of the products.
Solid State Drive (SSD) Firmware Validation
- Develop and maintain manufacturing Firmware for testing of SSDs.
- Build the Manufacturing FW to self-test SSDs during the development phase
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives in terms of test coverage through optimization of code.
- Ensure SSD are tested to meet or exceed the required functionality, usability, quality/reliability and performance with an efficient manufacturing firmware.
About Micron Technology, Inc.
We are an industry leader in innovative memory and storage solutions transforming how the world uses information to enrich life for all. With a relentless focus on our customers, technology leadership, and manufacturing and operational excellence, Micron delivers a rich portfolio of high-performance DRAM, NAND, and NOR memory and storage products through our Micron® and Crucial® brands. Every day, the innovations that our people create fuel the data economy, enabling advances in artificial intelligence and 5G applications that unleash opportunities — from the data center to the intelligent edge and across the client and mobile user experience.
Please note that in order to assist in providing a safe and healthy workplace for all Micron team members, new employment offers for jobs based in India, Malaysia, Singapore, and the U.S., are contingent upon the applicant’s provision of a copy of their COVID-19 vaccination document to Micron on a confidential basis prior to their scheduled start date confirming that they have completed the COVID-19 vaccination process, subject to any written request for medical or religious accommodation and to the extent permitted by applicable law.
To learn more, please visit micron.com/careers
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact [email protected]
Micron Prohibits the use of child labor and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and other international and industry labor standards.
Micron does not charge candidates any recruitment fees or unlawfully collect any other payment from candidates as consideration for their employment with Micron.