Huntsman Global Business Services is looking for Fixed Assets Accountant (12 Months Contract). The Fixed Assets Accountant position is accountable for recording the cost of newly acquired fixed assets (both tangible and intangible) and depreciation, tracking and monitoring existing fixed assets & Capital in Progress, accounting for the disposition of fixed assets, etc. The incumbent primarily will be working closely with the various stakeholders in multiple countries globally (i.e Country Accountant, Local Business & Project Manager) to ensure that the accounting service is delivered on time with quality. He/She will also be responsible in ensuring that the all daily operational tasks performed are in accordance to USGAAP and Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX) Control guidelines.
Our office in Kuala Lumpur is home to our dynamic Global Business Services team who provides strategic and transactional services for Huntsman from our Shared Service Centre. They offer quality support to a diverse global team, drive collaboration and efficiency, and helps unlock growth with improved service delivery. Opportunities are available in the areas of IT, Accounting, Internal Audit, Finance, Human Resource etc.
We invest in the future of our people through on-the-job training and career coaching. You can experience classroom training and workshops, overseas training and online training courses, to name a few. Our Talent Program, rotational assignments and Buddy programs help guide your career path to long-term success. As you grow professionally, you’ll be supported with robust compensation, comprehensive benefits and a spirit of belonging.
If you are looking for challenging work, dynamic opportunities and a supportive culture, you’ll find good chemistry at our KL office.
What will your day to day look like?
• Complete month end closing within timelines
• Complete fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system.
• Track the compilation of project costs into fixed asset accounts, and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed.
• Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the summary-level account in the general ledger.
• Calculate and anaylse depreciation movement for all fixed assets
• Maintain the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation
• Monitor and track spending and timeframe on Capital in Progress (CIP) Projects
• Ensure that all tasks performed are SOX & GAAP Compliance
• Provide support and service requests from the business globally in a timely manner
• Involve in implementing systems and procedures changes
• Involve in ad hoc projects and migration
• Assist with requests from internal and/or external auditors
• Follows instructions and performs other duties as may be assigned by superior.
• Assists other employees in accomplishment of Huntsman company goals.
• Participates in and completes company-required training programs.
• Participates in Environmental, Health, & Safety initiatives as set forth by the company.
What skills and experiences are we looking for?
• Diploma in Accounting or Finance or equivalent with 3 to 5 years of generic experience OR
• Degree with 1 year of accounting experience
• Prior work experience in a shared service and accounting environment
• Ability to complete moderately complex tasks under supervision
• Ability to follow standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained
• Ability to exercise judgement and apply job skills, company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks and resolve repetitive problems.
• Proficient in MS Office, MS Excel is a must
• Ability to prioritize and work under tight timelines.
• Good written and communication skill in English. Ability to work in a diverse culture
• Able to excel in a fast-paced environment
• Customer-service and Tasks oriented - Committed to respond efficiently to the customers' needs and delivering quality work at all times
• Experience in accounting systems such as SAP is a plus
What can we offer?
Huntsman offers unsurpassed opportunities to build a successful future. We are a global specialty chemical company with locations in 30 countries around the world, employing over 9,000 associates. Our diverse portfolio creates a range of career fields including manufacturing, research and development, technical services, sales and marketing, customer service – and the list goes on. Here, you can make an impact and make a difference. Come join us.