- Perform continuous surveillance of assigned institution in accordance with approved supervisory processes/framework:
- Analyse and assess the financial condition, performance, risk profile, and risk management control functions as well as governance and culture of BIs/financial group, having regard to specific risk profile or business model of the BIs. The assessment shall cover credit, liquidity, market and operational risks as well as oversight functions, including in relation to IT application systems and security controls that are supporting key significant activities.
- Assess BIs’ compliance with legal and regulatory requirements as well as any additional requirements specified by the Bank, and institute remedial actions for breaches/ non compliances.
- Pre-emptively identify gaps during DBs’ foundational period to ensure the sustainability of its operations while ensuring the DBs achieve consistent and steady progress in complying with regulatory requirements applicable to existing licensed BIs.
- Escalate/communicate supervisory concerns and provide recommendations on supervisory/ intervention/ resolution measures to be imposed on BIs.
- Perform operational readiness review of assigned DBs within the period specified in the licensing approval.
- Understand emerging issues and risks facing BIs and overall financial stability. Able to identify, assess and propose appropriate solution with regard to intra/inter group, inter linkages/inter-connectedness and implications on BIs/financial group.
- Assess applications from BIs to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations and provide appropriate recommendations to Management in a timely manner, in accordance with internal SOP and approving authorities of the Bank.
- Maintain strong collaboration internally and externally to exchange views, provide inputs, identify new developments and best practices to enhance the supervisory methodology and processes.
- Undertake administrative functions and other ad-hoc assignments.
- Self development to meet corporate and personal goals.
- Maintain professional working relationship with home/ host supervisors and other domestic regulators (SC, Bursa Malaysia, PIDM, Labuan FSA).
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS:
• Possess good understanding and knowledge of:
*- Supervisory Risk-Based Framework (SuRF);
- Banking business/ operations and latest industry developments;
- Relevant legal and regulatory requirements;
- Risk management principles;
- Emerging risks, such as but not limited to,
emanating from financial innovation, fast-changing fraud modus operandi, digitalisation and climate change; and
- Emerging technologies and basic IT/ cyber risk controls*
• Accurate assessment of BIs‘ areas of vulnerabilities
• Timely identification of potential vulnerabilities and emerging risks in BI/financial group
• Adequate supervisory and operational infrastructure, and effective implementation of Supervisory Risk Framework
• Clear line of reporting and escalation of pertinent information and issues to senior management to ensure well-informed decision making
• Good working relationship with BIs, other regulators as well as other relevant departments in the Bank and external stakeholders
• Adequate supervisory resources including competent team members, and effective support from immediate supervisors/DDs
• Ability to assess issues, identify solutions and communicate/escalate concerns clearly and effectively
• Targeted, comprehensive and timely training
• Environmental awareness
• Integrated thinking
• Act for the greater good
• Executive maturity
• Self confidence
• Drive performance excellence
• Build team capability
• Empowerment and accountability
• Leverage strategic relationship
• Organisational understanding
• Engage and influence stakeholders
• Holistic collaboration
QUALIFICATION / EXPERIENCE:
• Academic Qualifications:
- Master/ Bachelor Degree or professional qualifications either in accounting, economics, banking, finance, risk management or information technology
- SPM in BM, English and Maths, incuding 2 other subjects.
- 2 years working experience in supervision, financial sector, auditing (including IT audit) or risk management, is an added