**PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES **
- Undertake close monitoring, comprehensive and in-depth analysis of current monetary developments, particularly on interest rates and liquidity conditions.
- Provide assessment on outlook of monetary and liquidity conditions and identify key risks to key stakeholders, particularly to the Monetary Policy Working Group and Monetary Policy Committee.
- Identify new source of information and indicators required in the related fields to assist in assessing risk to monetary policy formulation.
- Provide analytical input on interest rates and liquidity conditions for purposes of policy recommendations relating to monetary policy.
- Identify and undertake special studies and strategic research on interest rates and liquidity conditions and its implications on monetary policy.
- Oversee the preparation and ensure the availability of timely, accurate and decipherable data on interest rates and liquidity conditions to keep management abreast with current economic developments. This involves evaluating data quality and communicating with data sources and reconstructing data to enhance analysis.
- Produce timely, comprehensive, analytical and accurate reports for BNM’s publications and management reports.
- Provide input for speeches, talking points for intervention and feedback on papers and proposals received from within as well as outside the Bank, which relates to interest rates and liquidity conditions and other specified areas related to monetary policy.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
- Good knowledge and understanding of monetary economics, international economics and financial markets.
- Good understanding of the inter-linkages within the economy and practical applications on the implications for policy.
- Strong analytical and research capabilities in the areas of monetary economics.
- Timely and easy access to various data and knowledge sources.
- Good presentation and writing skills.
- Close teamwork and collaboration with other teams within the Department and cross-departments.
- Ability to draw economic linkages, especially to monetary policy implications.
- Propose appropriate policy options to achieve sustained growth with stable inflation.
- Keeping abreast with the latest economic theories and developments that enhance understanding of current issues, policy options and research capability.
- Ability to perform research works independently.
- Able to produce timely and accurate report within tight deadlines.
QUALIFICATION / EXPERIENCE
- Hons. Degree in Economics, Econometrics, Finance or Mathematics. Familiarity with analytical and econometric techniques is essential.
- A Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
- 2-3 years working experience in the field of monetary, exchange rate and economic research is an advantage.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE NOTIFIED