The Specialist Java Developer is responsible for the design, development and testing of mobile solutions according to the functional requirements laid out by the business analysts and according to the directions of the development team lead from the BHP Mobility Competency Centre (MCC).
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Design and develop backend APIs for mobile and web applications
- Contribute to and follow architecture and application design standards
- Document design decisions and ensure adherences to development standards.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Develop/maintain build systems, tools, and reusable components.
- Proactively identify problem areas and refactor existing code.
- Supporting QA during testing, and oversight during implementation into production.
- Conducting design & code reviews.
- Reviewing system test scenarios & test cases.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
About the candidate:
• Hands on experience in the mobile app and Java enterprise application development.
• Familiar with Java frameworks Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate or other common framework.
• Object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
• Skill for writing reusable Java libraries
• Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
• Familiar with CI/CD, DevOps and Agile practices.
• Familiar with common web servers, Tomcat, WebLogic, Websphere, etc.
• Familiar with relational databases (MySQL, Oracle, etc.) and SQL, NoSQL is a plus
• Familiar with RESTful API or Web Service development.
• Familiar with Node.js is a plus
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent certification, Bachelor’s Degree or above in Computer Science or equivalent preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of professional software development experience.
• Minimum 3 years of web or mobile backend design and programming experience.
• Development experience in web or mobile front-end (html5) is a big plus.