IT Undergrad Intern Analyst (Dell)
At Dell, we are committed to the professional development of our college students by presenting them with the opportunity to improve their strategic, technical and networking skills. Dell Digital’s new team members work closely with internal Dell Business and Development teams and are given invaluable exposure to a variety of IT projects that have meaningful impact on the entire IT organization. In addition, Dell team members are presented with events that allow them to contribute to community service projects, network with team members throughout Dell, and experience the back office operations of a large global corporation. With a wide variety of responsibilities, the college professional can expect to be fully engaged within their domain.
The Dell Digital team harnesses the performance, reliability and ingenuity of our IT team with Dell’s renowned customer-first commerce platforms and experiences to “Make IT Real” and enable Dell’s own digital transformation. In addition to modernizing and innovating all our cloud, commerce systems and applications, we are embracing the Dell Digital Way, a process and cultural shift in how we work alongside our business teams using a direct, simplified and streamlined approach to design, develop and deliver new products in line with their goals and timelines.
**Your Role Responsibilities **
As an ever-evolving function within a global transformational organization, Dell Digital strategy, projects, structure and priorities are subject to continuous review and revision. We are looking for well-rounded and adaptive professionals who can thrive in times of change and ambiguity.
Depending on business needs, your day to day role may include:
Work with internal stakeholders, external customers and users to validate business and customer interests and that product engineering is aligned on those needs
Work on interactive design projects that meet both user and business objectives, while maintaining and supporting brand standards
Evolve and help promote our Design Language and System
Practice and facilitate Human-Centered Design (Design Thinking) methodologies
Develop high availability and highly scalable applications which will be used by both internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Strong Object Oriented Analysis and Design skill or strong adherence to SOLID software design principles
- Basic knowledge of object oriented programming languages; operating systems; device drivers; databases; system, network, operating system, and application administration; embedded software/firmware; tools and utilities, as applicable.
- Able to code/debug simple programs using either written or verbal design specifications
- Undergraduate degree and 0-1 years relevant experience
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
Beginner-level expertise in one or more of the following:
- Database programming (SQL)
- Data modeling (ERD), mapping and implementation (DDL)
- Business Intelligence software packages (Microsoft, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, or other)
- Fundamental concepts, practices and procedures related to applications programming
- Basic knowledge of coding, testing, and debugging simple applications