General Purpose of Job
The Intercompany Team Lead position is responsible to lead a team of Intercompany Accountants and provide support and guidance to enable the team to grow and develop towards both the company's and personal goals.
The team lead is also responsible for reviewing the team's journal entries balance sheet account reconciliation. The incumbent should be able to identify areas of concern and potential improvements, execute changes to optimize the overall team's and processes efficiency. The Intercompany Team Lead will be working closely with the various stakeholders in multiple countries around the globe (i.e Country Accountant, Local Business & Site Officer) to ensure that the accounting service is delivered on time with quality.
In addition, the incumbent plays an important role in ensuring pending and aged intercompany items are being identified, reviewed, researched and resolved timely.
Prioritized Essential Functions and Responsibilities
With general supervision and efficient decision-making:
In this role, the Intercompany Team Lead will be utilizing his/her technical accounting expertise to provide the following support:
• Monitor month end timetable and important deadlines.
• Assist supervisor in managing a small team to achieve team's/department's goals
• Involve in trouble shooting issues
• Review and approve all transactions with accuracy
• Ensure SOX and GAAP Compliant
• Provide support and guidance for team members on issues, unreconciled and aged items
• Review monthly Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and follow up with outstanding operational items.
• Assist in process standardization.
• Ensure follow up on aged intercompany items in a timely basis
• Participate in Users Acceptance Tests (UATs).
• Comply with SOX and IA controls guidelines in all intercompany and affiliate transactions
• Identify process improvement opportunities, provide timely feedback, and suggest effective and efficient solutions
• Support business control testing requests and other internal audit requirements
• Support implementing systems, procedures changes.
• Involve in adhoc project and migration (if any).
In additional, this team lead requires to support General Ledger function – APAC India, is responsible to lead GL Accountants and provide support and guidance to enable the team to grow and develop towards both functions.
Other general responsibilities:
• Follows instructions and performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
• Assists other employees in accomplishment of Huntsman company goals.
• Participates in and completes company-required training programs.
• Participates in Environmental, Health, & Safety initiatives as set forth by the company.
Education and Experience
• Diploma in Accounting or Finance or equivalent with more than 8 years of related experience
• Degree with more than 5 years of Intercompany / Accounting experience
Specific Skills and Knowledge
• At least 5 Years of experience in accounting department preferably within a multinational environment, handling Intercompany processess (Or Orthers Accounting Process) of which a minimum of 2 years of in leading a team in a shared service and accounting environment is preferable.
• Experience in managing change, implementing new procedures and re-engineering processes
• Experience in working in a service driven, customer focused environment
• Strong technical accounting background is a must
• Experience in operational accounting, knowledge of intercompany process is preferable
• Experience or knowledge in working with both internal and external auditors
• Experience in working with SAP accounting systems is a must
• Able to build, lead, influence and motivate a team
• Strong knowledge in US GAAP Accounting and/ or IFRS
• Proficient in MS Office, MS Excel is a must
• Ability to prioritize and work under tight timelines
• Good written and communication skills in English. Comfortable in working with diversified cultures
• Able excel in a fast-paced working environment
• Customer-service and Tasks oriented - Committed to respond efficiently to the customers' needs and delivering quality work at all times