Join our Global Asset Services HR Team
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Opportunity
Execute the GAS HR operational activities assigned on time, in accordance with the Operational plan and standard GAS HR processes and procedures. Ensures that Master Data for all employees and agency contractors is uploaded, or updated into the HR system in a timely and accurate manner. Maintains excellent communication across all relevant stakeholders to provide quick and accurate responses to all queries.
- • Demonstrate an overriding commitment to Health, Safety, Environment and Community (HSEC)
- • Ensure alignment with and compliance to internal controls including Group Level Documents, agreements, systems, standards and procedures
- • Contribute towards achieving set performance targets, benchmarks and KPIs by focusing on maintaining up-to-date, accurate and timely data in 1SAP
- • Develop supportive relationships with others in the team and demonstrate and promote operational discipline when executing day-to-day activities
- • Contribute to maintaining a culture of innovation, learning and development and continuous improvement; a Step-Up culture
- • Recommend improvement initiatives to existing processes, practices and systems
- • Ensure local operating procedures and documentation is maintained at all times
- • Contribute and execute the HR Shared Services Centre strategy
- • Assist with system testing and internal controls as required, and ensure adherence to implementing improved controls
- • Provide assistance with internal and external audit requirements
- • Participate in control self-assessment teams and other internal review processes
- • Identify risks and provide input into planning and actioning risk assessments
- • Uploads Master data into HR system
- • Validates correctness of master data by performing daily audits and checking
- • Provides expert feedback to employees
- • Assists with pre and post pay run data validation processes
- • Ensure the integrity of required reporting is maintained in accordance with regional statutory and legislation requirements
- • Explain reconciliations and provide appropriate levels of troubleshooting and problem solving to queries from internal stakeholders and external organizations
Degree or any relevant qualification in Human Resource/Business
Experience & Technical Competencies
• Background or interest in payroll ,master data, year-end process
• Understanding of legislative requirements related to statutory reporting
• Understanding of internal audit controls and SOX controls
• High computer literacy, including excellent spreadsheet/database skills.
• Highly developed interpersonal skills
• Highly accurate data entry skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Highly developed time management skills
Fluent English, both verbal and written
Others as required by role
What We Offer You
At BHP , we will provide you an environment to:
- • be autonomous and support (you) to use initiative;
- • be accountable and performance driven;
- • work flexibly with a focus on outcomes, not hours;
- • problem-solve collaboratively together;
- • Activate your improvement mindset, experimentation and agile learning.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP , we recognize that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, clean office environment, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
We are looking for talents for our current and future roles. Visit our career page via www.bhp.com and learn more.