Role: Graduate Leadership
Program Start Date: October 2019
Type: 2 months Pre-Service Programme + 2 years of Service in the Fellowship
Location: Candidates must be flexible to be placed anywhere in Malaysia, including possibility of placement in Sabah
Special GRADUAN Application Deadline: If you meet us in GRADUAN Aspire Career Fair on 13th - 14th July 2019 at KLCC, then you can submit your application by 21st July 2019.
The Fellowship is a Leadership Development Programme which comprises of several components:
- The 9-week Pre-Service Programme to prepare you for the classroom
- 2 year full-time and fully-paid placement to teach in a government school anywhere in Malaysia
- Sponsored Post-Graduate Diploma in Education (done part time)
- Coaching and support by experienced Leadership Development Officers
- Regional Conferences and initiatives to engage with other like minded leaders
- Plan, teach, track progress and engage students academic and extra curricular achievements
- Develop initiatives focused around student impact in the classroom, school and community
- Stakeholder engagement at school, district, community and corporate.
- Successfully complete requirements to achieve a Post Graduate Diploma in Education
Who we look for
We're on a search for outstanding Malaysians talent to empower students from some of the most challenging socioeconomic backgrounds in our country. If you are a working professional or a graduate with strong leadership skills, strong motivation & drive to persevere through challenges, great communication, great relationship-building skills and a passion to make a difference in the lives of our nation's future leaders, we want you!
To be eligible to apply, applicants must have the following basic requirements:
- Malaysian citizenship
- Aged 32 years or below in the year 2019 (i.e. not more than 33 years as of 1 Jan 2020)
- Possess a minimum of 5As in SPM, including the minimum grade of credit (C) for Bahasa Melayu
- Bachelors Degree in any non-education discipline*
- Strong academic track record (Minimum CGPA of 3.00 out of 4.00 / 2nd Class Upper or equivalent)
- Does not possess an education qualification*
The Teach For Malaysia Fellowship is a two-year programme that includes a Postgraduate Diploma in Education under the Ministry of Education. Thus, applicants who are already qualified to teach in public schools are not eligible for this programme.
The application for the 2020 Cohort is now closed. Should you be interested in this role, kindly visit us in the Graduan Aspire Career Fair at KLCC (13th - 14th July)