As part of the ongoing growth of Experian’s Global Finance Services (GFS) organization, an experienced, motivated and proactive General Ledger Analyst is needed to provide the accounting acumen and reporting required by Experian’s Group Financial Reporting function. This challenging role will be based in Experian’s Global Delivery Centre in Cyberjaya, Malaysia and be part of the Record to Report team R2R ), a key and growing part of the GFS team.
What you’ll be doing:
- To collaborate with Country Controller, Business Finance and FP&A in understanding journal preparation requirement and posting, eg corporate allocation, management adjustment, intercompany recharges
- To ensure country headcount and payroll automation report run and post according to monthly timeline
- Analyze and relocate expenses to correct business unit and cost centers
- Accrued and prepayment are properly accounted for in the month
- To ensure all revenue and cost recogni tion/deferred journals posting according to IFRS15 accounting standard and support with evidence and documentation as required
- All GL related Journals including Journal Approvals, Web ADI journal posting and documentation. Journals to be booked in accordan ce to company policies
- Revaluation of account at month end HFM input, clearing validation and Closing in WD5 as per Global timeline
- HFM half year and yearend disclosure as per Global timeline
- Analyze and rectify issues or enquiries, such as intercompany mismatch or any other item pertaining to transaction within the company
- Balance sheet reconciliation files preparation such as VAT, Prepayment, Other Debtors, Accruals, Provision, Other Creditors, Accrued and Deferred Revenue schedule etc
- Reconcile revenue recognition with Accrued and Deferred revenue schedule
- Provide support to internal & external Audit process and in accordance to accounting standard.
More about you:
- Candidate must possess either bachelor’s degree, Professional Degree, Fin ance/Accountancy and/or Professional Certificate in ACCA/CIMA/CPA
- At least 4 year(s) of working experience in General Ledger/ AR/AP modules are required for this position
- Preferably specializing in Finance Oracle Financials, HFM or equivalent
- Good and efficient communication skills and time management
- Able to work as a team or individually as required
- Agile towards rapid changes due to business directions
- Ability to work in a high volume, transaction orientated environment.
Why this role is critical?
- Financial analyst professionals are responsible in ensuring that business transactions have been properly accounted for and accurately reflect the company’s accounting process.
- As an experienced R2R professional , you’ll evaluate and interpret financial accounting principles and statements to ensure accurate and timely financial information is available for statutory and management accounts
- Controls and compliance ‘gatekeepers’
- General Ledger team plays a crucial role by performing reporting and analysis that supports corporate decisions of the Group.