The Fixed Assets & General Ledger Accountant position is accountable for recording the cost of newly-acquired fixed assets (both tangible and intangible) and depreciation, tracking and monitoring existing fixed assets & Capital in Progress, accounting for the disposition of fixed assets, preparing journal entries relating to budget accrual estimation, prepayment allocation and balance sheet account analysis (reconciliation) which is essential for accurate corporate accounting reporting.
He/She is to identify and resolve the areas of concern, provide suggestions and promote potential improvements in the overall process operation.
The incumbent primarily will be working closely with the various stakeholders in multiple countries globally (i.e Country Accountant, Local Business & Project Manager) to ensure that the accounting service is delivered on time with quality.
He/She will also be responsible in ensuring that the all daily operational tasks performed are in accordance to USGAAP and Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX) Control guidelines.
Prioritized Essential Functions and Responsibilities
With limited supervision and moderate decision-making:
In this role, the Fixed Assets & General Ledger Accountant will be utilizing his/her technical accounting expertise to provide the following support:
• Complete month end closing within timelines
• Complete fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system.
• Track the compilation of project costs into fixed asset accounts and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed.
• Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the summary-level account in the general ledger.
• Calculate and analyses depreciation movement for all fixed assets
• Maintain the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation
• Monitor and track spending and timeframe on Capital In Progress (CIP) Projects
• Perform month-end closing (non-trade related calculation and journal entries posting) and relevant tasks
• Maintain general ledger data integrity via balance sheet reconciliation and identify issues, unreconciled and aged items
• Generate debit notes or credit notes (non-trade) in accordance to SOX control requirements
• Strive for process improvement to achieve/optimize overall operation's efficiency and effectiveness
• Ensure that all tasks performed are SOX & GAAP Compliance
• Provide support and service requests from the business globally in a timely manner
• Involve in implementing systems and procedures changes
• Involve in ad hoc projects and migration
• Assist with requests from internal and/or external auditors
Other general responsibilities:
• Follows instructions and performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
• Assists other employees in accomplishment of Huntsman company goals.
• Participates in and completes company-required training programs.
• Participates in Environmental, Health, & Safety initiatives as set forth by the company.
• Diploma in Accounting or Finance or equivalent with 5 to 8 years of specific experience OR
• Degree with 3 to 5 years of accounting experience
Specific Skills and Knowledge
• Prior work experience in a shared service and accounting environment, preferably handling fixed assets and/or general ledger processes
• Ability to works on tasks and resolve problems that are complex in nature under limited supervision.
• Ability to exercise considerable judgement and apply Professional Concepts, company policies and procedures to solve routine problems
• Knowledge in US GAAP Accounting and/ or IFRS
• Proficient in MS Office, MS Excel is a must
• Ability to prioritize and work under tight timelines
• Good written and communication skills in English. Comfortable in working with diversified cultures
• Able to excel in a fast-paced environment
• Customer-service and Tasks oriented - Committed to respond efficiently to the customers' needs and delivering quality work at all times
• Experience in accounting systems such as SAP would be a plus