A. Job Purpose
Responsible for lead generation, sales and events participation rate. Telephone calling, computer input and clerical support to the sales process are primary responsibilities. Processes used are cold calling, generation of leads through market research and databases, preparation and mailing of marketing letters, and related campaign materials to identify prospects.
B. Key Accountabilities
- Prepare sales scripts, reading from scripts that describe products/services and events, in order to persuade potential customers to purchase/participate.
- Minimum of 80 calls/day to market various products/services or events.
- Handle inbound and outbound calls from participants who respond to the emails/brochure by phone.
- Record details of the calls on the computer system so that information is available for the next stage of contact.
- Arrange a follow-up action/call for every sales leads.
- Call participants from previous databases i.e. Database from previous events attendance lists.
- Undertake other such reasonable duties as required by the Management.
C. Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in any discipline.
- At least 1 year working experience as telemarketer especially for products/services and events marketing.
- The traits required for the roles are result driven, persistence, time management, telephone sales, customer services, selling to customer needs, prospecting skills, motivation for sales, handles rejection, professionalism and product knowledge.
- Ability to converse in Mandarin/Tamil will be an added advantage.
D. Key Challenges of the Job
- To come out with Unique Selling Point (USP) for every products/services and events.
- To ensure specific target for products/services are met within the given timeframe.