Top Glove is embarking into a world of possibilities with a clear purpose to inspire our employees. We encourage consistent application of innovation and creativity, whether you are based in Malaysia or abroad, we find ways to break through the ordinary at the same time preserve our Corporate Value (R.I.V.E.R), overcome challenges and being proactive are our integral fundamentals in UNITING each and every Top Glovers. This is YOUR chance! As we are embarking into a journey to be listed in Global Fortune 500 employer in year 2030, we need more talent like you to join us.
Shape YOUR future with Top Glove, The World Largest Manufacturer of Gloves!
To performs a variety of general purchasing support tasks in a purchasing department including:
- Lead supplier sourcing, evaluation and selection, negotiation, performance monitoring, relationship management, and continuous improvement.
- Negotiate annual buys & long-term agreements for indirect equipment, plant & machinery, hardware & spare parts.
- Lead the sourcing and negotiation for this equipment required for the specific factory operation, upgrades and expansion projects.
- Working closely with Engineering Department, develop and maintain collaborative relationship to source, procure and identify suppliers and key technology suitable for factory.
- Perform and/or evaluate root cause problem resolution for all supplier related issues and ensure the integrity of corrective actions.
- Manage the supply and logistics of factory equipment, machinery, etc including delivery into factories premises, minimizing transportation and logistics cost for the company.
- Work closely with project team on project delivery, participate in project meetings and coordination related to supplier delivery and overall project progress management.
- To provide mentorship and guide junior purchaser to resolve daily task, resolve day to day challenges and facilitate decision making.
- Train and provide guidance to new purchaser, including company’s purchasing procedure and policies, SAP training and report preparation.
- Close coordination with suppliers on all readiness criteria (e.g. cost, quality, availability, continuity of supply, etc.) as well as purchase order management to support either development or product launch, including development of ramp up schedule with program team and communication and management with suppliers.
- Study and evaluate the current purchasing workflow and organization chart and streamlining the processes for all factories and recommend periodic review and improvements.
- Liaised and work closely with the factory purchasers for the equipment, machinery, spare parts and sourcing.
- To analyse the past purchased data from SAP system and communicate with the user departments (Engineering Department / Production Department) to determine the materials to as a priority based project usage frequency and past consumption data, to recommend for long term commercial contract.
- Participate and assist to drive new purchasing automation improvements together with team members in with automation and digitalization.
- Responsible for implementing internal procurement strategies in line with company purchasing vision and policy.
- Attend ad-hoc or factory related meetings as assigned by superiors.
- Shall take additional responsibility as instructed by the immediate superior.
- The scope of authority shall refer to the selected work process procedure/ instruction.
What we are looking for
- Degree in any related courses or equivalents from reputable universities.
- Good command of English & Malay (spoken and written).
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem solver and planner with organizational and analytical ability.
- Experience in executing Global Procurement & Sourcing activities.
- Proven experience working with cross functional teams to ensure cost control and process improvements.
- Experience in ERP environment and Microsoft Office.
Thank you for making Top Glove as Asia Best Employer of the Year for 4 consecutive years since 2016. Be a part of the team, be Top Glover!
Join Top Glove’s dynamic family now!