Based in our Kuala Lumpur office, the Business Services & Outsourcing (“BSO”) team provides clients with the full range of accounting and back-office services, including bookkeeping, management accounting, financial reporting, SST compliance, payroll and any other ad hoc advice and assistance on accounting-related matters.
The purpose of this role is to assist senior members of the BSO team with client work and ad-hoc tasks and also to supervise junior members of the team.
Job overview and key responsibilities
- Manage a portfolio of clients and deadlines
- Bookkeeping, including preparing, processing and recording bank transactions, processing purchase, sales and general ledger entries for a wide range of clients
- Preparation of management accounts, which are technically accurate and in-line with approved accounting standards in Malaysia with supervision from senior members of the team
- Preparation of SST returns and have a good understanding of SST rules
- Ensure that all communication, whether written or spoken is in a professional manner
- Assist clients with ad hoc questions
- Maintain good relationship with clients
- Prepare statutory financial statements for clients
- Prepare year-end audit files for clients with supporting schedules for all balance sheet items and tax sensitive profit and loss items and liaise with the auditors and tax agents for matters relating to the audit