McDermott’s Graduate Engineer Program is an entry level program designed to provide graduates from engineering disciplines with an opportunity to work in a challenging environment while learning how organizations provides solutions to the energy industry.
While in the program, participants will:
• Develop an understanding of the services McDermott offers to its customers
• Working experience where they can apply their education and broaden their technical knowledge
• Receive ongoing training and development through mentorships, job shadowing and on-the-job experience
• Build relationships through networking
• Receive feedback on their performance through formal evaluations by current supervisors
• Perform detailed design engineering, analysis and calculations on basic engineering tasks.
• Apply knowledge and skills to complete routine assignments under close supervision and mentoring.
• Prepare clear and accurate detailed design calculations and analyses including design reports and procedures.
• Organize own work to meet deadlines set by others.
• Clearly communicate information, asking questions and checking for understanding.
Why you should work at McDermott:
• Leader in the global energy infrastructure market
• Growing end markets and strong backlog of work
• Industry-leading safety performance
• Focus on career development
• Collaborative and inclusive culture
Second Class Upper
Field of Study
Who should apply
• Malaysian Engineering Graduates with min CGPA of 3.2 (engineering programs must be accredited by Board of Engineers Malaysia)
• Engineering graduates from the following disciplines:
- Electrical / Instrumentation
- Naval Architect
• Applicants must not have more than 3 years working experience to be considered for the graduate engineer position (Associate Engineer).
• Submission of the following documents (completed documents MUST be submitted via the application portal)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of Identification Card
- Copy of latest academic certificate and transcript
• Excellent communication skills
• Hold leadership positions at school/university clubs
• Energetic high achievers and team players
• Highly driven and committed to contribute towards nation-building