A credit controller is responsible to collect cash and minimize aged debt (which means making sure clients pay on time or as near to it as possible). To be successful in the role, the candidate must be comfortable and willing to make cash collection phone calls as it helps to build client/ sales relationships apart from debt recovery.
There are specific cash collection targets assigned to each credit controller each month. To consistently hit these targets, the candidate must be energetic, self-motivated and results-driven with strong attention to details and deadlines. The individual will be part of collections team, who all reports into a Team Lead.
What you’ll be doing:
- Perform daily collection follow-ups (calls and/or emails).
- Liaise with customers, inter departmentally and cross functionally to resolve customer account queries/dispute.
- Perform regular monitoring on customer(s) payment promises to ensure no broken payment promises.
- Ensure all outstanding balance or potential bad debts are being actively pursued in a professional manner.
- To be acquainted with and to ensure compliance on company collection policy and procedures.
- To proactively highlight and/or escalate aged open items to reduce DBO.
- Perform in-depth analysis on customer payment behaviors and review it progressively with the Team Lead.
- To follow-up with respective stakeholders to resolve dispute items and improve dispute resolution turnaround time.
- Regular review on >60 days debts with Team Lead to ensure action plan to resolve is in placed and being followed up.
- Prepare weekly and month end reporting timely and accurately.
- Perform ad hoc refund requests.
- Support all SSC expansion/ migration projects and global initiatives (UAT/CR implementation/Empower project).
- Take initiative to drive collections performance measures/key performance indicators (KPIs).
More about you:
- Candidate must have at least a bachelor’s degree, Professional degree, Finance/Accountancy/Banking or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 – 2 years’ experience working in MNC within Credit/Collection team
- Experience in Oracle application is an added advantage
- Computer literate – Oracle, Microsoft Excel, Word
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to details, methodical, organized, and able to assess and promptly resolve problems.
- Able to set priorities and manage own time to meet deadlines and objectives within SSC team.
Why this role is critical?
Every dollar of a company’s revenue becomes a receivable that must be managed and collected, as cash is the lifeblood of any company. The collector then plays a vital role to ensure that every invoice billed to clients get converted into collected cash.