Join our Global Asset Services Commercial Team
At BHP , we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Opportunity
The Cataloguing Analyst will be responsible for the creation, changes, deletion and deduplication and governance of Supply Master Data including; Cataloguing, Marketing Material and Service Masters across 1SAP system, whilst ensuring consistency and integrity of cataloguing, Master Data in accordance with the Master Data Design Standards (MDDS), BHP cataloguing business rules, technical data standards and data quality targets while ensuring the objectives are delivered.
Key relationships that are critical for success in this role:
Internal GAS Relationships:
- • Cataloguing Partners
- • Inventory & Warehouse
- • Work Management
- • Engineering
- • Supply
- • Contractor
External GAS Relationships:
- • Demonstrates and instils an overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development.
- • Ensure alignment and compliant to internal controls set by the master data compliance rules and the Group Level Document (GLD)
- • Creating and maintaining the materials catalogue (relating to maintenance spare parts and materials) in accordance with encoding rules and BHP global data standards and quality targets
- • Investigate and resolve any catalogue problems or issues that arise, as well as interpreting technical specifications in order to facilitate customer understanding
- • Collaborate and liaise with internal/external customers to ensure integrity of the materials catalogue
- • Liaises with data requestors where further clarification of their requests is required
- • Monitors requests and tasks in cloud based form and ensures status of each request is up to date
- • Foster an environment that promotes team work, customer service, and action oriented
- • Drives consistent expectations, understanding and application of Cataloguing processes in the business to enable compliance with master data compliance rules and GLD
- • Maintaining and improving the key performance measures, SLA and ensuring that agreed targets are met by the team
- • Ensure operational best practices and standardization by ensuring alignment with and compliance to internal controls including Group Level Documents, SOX controls, Master Data Design Standards (MDDS)
- • Assist the Specialist of Supply Cataloguing to attend to the generic mailbox by investigating and responding to queries as directed by the Team Leader
- • Training and coaching team members to be up skilled as needed in all aspects of the role
- • Develops understanding of integration between Master Data and linked business processes including Contracts, Purchasing, Warehouse & Inventory
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, IT, Management, Logistics or similar with relevant working experience in Supply Master Data.
- Working knowledge of process improvement processes and methodology an advantage
- Good communication skills and interpersonal abilities to work effectively across teams and functions.
- A career history which testifies proven strengths in multi-tasking, attention to detail, fast learning, prioritizing work and achieving deadlines
- Able to operate independently and will to explore new challenges.
- Able to operate SAP system with minimal supervision.
- Strong computer literacy, specifically Microsoft Office 2013 (specifically Word, Excel and Outlook) and Windows 7.
- Fluent English and Spanish, both verbal and written
- Others as required by role**
What we offer you
At BHP , we will provide you an environment to:
- • be autonomous and support (you) to use initiative;
- • be accountable and performance driven;
- • work flexibly with a focus on outcomes, not hours;
- • problem-solve collaboratively together;
- • Activate your improvement mindset, experimentation and agile learning.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP , we recognize that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, clean office environment, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.